- Be aware of the objective of the mission.
- Make sure you spend as many of each pieces' APs as you usefully can. Missions are usually a race.
- Don't worry too much about whether the Marine player has kept any CPs in reserve.
- Slow the Marines down however you can.
- Try not to let Stealers get trapped in one place -- spread them around.
- Try to keep some CPs in reserve about half of the time. This stops the Stealer player from predicting what you'll do, and doesn't slow you down too much.
- Learn keyboard shortcuts -- to reduce time pressure on your turn :)
- Play the odds on sustained fire.
- Shoot doors whenever possible to improve line of sight.
- Don't over-protect Flamers -- they can be used to block off entry areas.
- Put Sergeants where their close combat bonus could make a difference, however small.